If you’re a big fan of anime, then chances are that you have encountered some hilariously bad English anime dubs.
Many teams working to localize dubs do their best to give the dialogue a natural feel and stay true to the original content, but some stray far away leading to some less-than-enjoyable cringe moments.
If you want to experience seven of the worst, here is a small list (in no particular order of cringe-worthiness) of some laughably bad English anime dubs.
One Piece follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a guy aspiring to be the King of all pirates. He meets and befriends multiple characters throughout the course of the series– not that you’d get a good feel of their personalities with the dub we’re thinking about.
The 4Kids dub of One Piece is so poorly executed and censored; it makes us wonder if they realized that the show was innately kid-friendly without such interference.
An otherwise very successful series, One Piece is not brought any justice through this sad dub.
- Scarlet Nexus Animeby Sunrise Gets New Trailer; Officially Debuts on July 1 But First Episode Is Already Available
- Uzumaki Anime Is now Coming in 2022; Gets New Teaser Trailer
- Just Some Anime Memes to Start Your Weekend off Right
- Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway Anime Gets New Trailer Ahead of Netflix Release
- 5 Fantasy Books That Would Make Amazing Anime