If you’re a big fan of anime, then chances are that you have encountered some hilariously bad English anime dubs.
Many teams working to localize dubs do their best to give the dialogue a natural feel and stay true to the original content, but some stray far away leading to some less-than-enjoyable cringe moments.
If you want to experience seven of the worst, here is a small list (in no particular order of cringe-worthiness) of some laughably bad English anime dubs.
One Piece follows the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a guy aspiring to be the King of all pirates. He meets and befriends multiple characters throughout the course of the series– not that you’d get a good feel of their personalities with the dub we’re thinking about.
The 4Kids dub of One Piece is so poorly executed and censored; it makes us wonder if they realized that the show was innately kid-friendly without such interference.
An otherwise very successful series, One Piece is not brought any justice through this sad dub.
- Pokemon: Twilight Wings Anime Is Coming Back for One More Special Episode
- D4DJ Groovy Mix Introduces Characters & Street Fighter Collaboration After First Anime Episode
- Just Some Anime Memes to Start Your Weekend off Right
- 2D Anime-Style Fighting Game Phantom Breaker: Omnia Announced for the West
- Muv-Luv Games & Alternative Anime News Promised for Event This Month; Manga Volume 3 Also Coming