Don’t miss your chance at a free mythical.
In celebration of Pokemon’s 20th anniversary in 2016, every month Nintendo has been releasing a mythical Pokémon from various generations as a digital download so you can have them in your roster for Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby, 0r Alpha Sapphire.
For the month of November, steel/bug type Genesect is up for grabs. Genesect used to exist as an ancient Pokemon 300 million year ago before Team Plasma altered it and attached a cannon to its back, and it’s the last Pokemon in the Unova Pokedex.
Although some mythical Pokemon downloads were available via the 3DS’s Nintendo Network this year, getting Genesect will require you to travel to your local gaming store to receive a code. Depending on what country you are in, the stores are as follows:
- Belgium – Game Mania/Fnac/Smartoys
- Canada – EB Games
- France – Micromania
- Germany – GameStop/Toys “R” Us
- Italy – GameStop
- Spain – Game
- Portugal – Fnac
- UK – Game
- US – GameStop
The codes are available in stores from Nov. 1-24. Once you have the code, you have until Feb. 28 to complete the download. Check out a step by step guide on how to get Genesect into your Pokedex once you have the code down below.
- Reveal number on back of card by scratching the silver coating.
- Connect 3DS to internet connection.
- Insert either Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, 0r Alpha Sapphire.
- Select “Mystery Gift” from main menu.
- Select “Receive Gift”.
- Select “OK” for opening up a communication channel.
- Select “Get with code”.
- Select “Yes” when asked if you want to connect to the internet.
- Wait until screen asks if you want to “Receive this gift?”, select “Yes”.
- In game, Genesect can be received form the delivery girl in any Pokemon center.
- Make sure to save your game after collecting Genesect to ensure he stays in your party.
The final Pokemon mythical download of the year will be Meloetta, available in December via the Nintendo Network.