FromSoftware’s first open-world RPG might not be part of the Dark Souls franchise, but many of its systems and gameplay mechanics will be extremely familiar to those who have played any of those games. That includes the method by which replenish your mana (or the game’s equivalent of it) for the purposes of casting spells. Here’s how to restore FP in Elden Ring.
What Is FP?
FP stands for Focus Points, and are used to cast Sorceries and Incantations in Elden Ring. The amount of FP you currently have is indicated by the blue bar in your HUD.
How to Restore FP in Elden Ring
- Use the Cerulean Sacred Flask by first equipping it to your quick slot (from the inventory menu). You can cycle quick slot items by using the d-pad.
- Press Square/X to use it.
- Note that you can allocate Sacred Flask charges by resting at a Site of Grace, depending on whether you would like more health or FP. Crimson restores HP, while Cerulean restores FP. Allocate more FP flasks if you intend on performing weapon arts, magic, and summon Spirits.
Getting More FP
You can replenish your Flask of Cerulean Tears by doing any of the following:
- Defeating a powerful enemy
- Defeating groups of enemies
- Killing Cerulean Teardrop Scarabs
Increasing Max FP in Elden Ring
You can increase your max FP by adding points to the ‘Mind’ stat when leveling up. This is one of the main eight attributes in the game that players can spend Runes on to level up.
Certain weapons, armor and talismans can also affect your maximum FP, so be sure to check the descriptions of anything you pick up on your adventure.
If you have a specific question you cannot find an answer to anywhere on the site then do feel free to reach out in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.