After years of waiting, months of anticipation, and weeks of speculation, Nintendo fans finally got their first look at the all-new Super Mario Bros. Movie teaser trailer at New York Comic Con.
After a quick introduction by the series creator, Shigeru Miyamoto, Illumination President Chris Meledandri, and Stars Chris Pratt and Jack Black (Mario and Bowser, Respectively), fans were finally shown a full CGI-animated look at Mario’s world.
In the trailer, Bowser and his minions attack the Snow Kingdom. Despite its inhabitant’s best efforts, they are no match for Bowser as he destroys the snow castle, with Kamek (Kevin Micheal Richardson) quickly dispatching them. Bowser then goes ahead and takes the Power Star before screaming, “Now, who’s gonna stop me!”
The trailer then cuts to Mario being tossed out a green pipe, landing in the Mushroom Kingdom, and meeting Toad (Keagan Micheal Key), who then leads our hero toward Princess Peach’s castle. It’s interesting to note that Mario speaks with a Brooklyn accent, similar to Bob Hoskins from the 1993 live-action film.
The final part of the teaser cut to black with the title before showcasing a quick glimpse of Luigi (Charlie Day) being chased by a legion of Dry Bones.
Directed by Teen Titans Go! creators Michael Jelenic and Aaron Horvath, The Super Mario Bros. Movie will be released on Apr. 7, 2023.
- The Second Super Mario Bros. Movie Trailer Reveals Peach, DK, & Karts
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 3 Arrives Just in Time for the Holidays
- Top 10 Actors Who Would’ve Been A Better Mario Than Chris Pratt
- The Top 5 Best Super Mario Odyssey Moments to Celebrate Its 5th Anniversary
- 9 Biggest Differences in Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope from the Original