Fan-made Gameboy games are always a fun curiosity to look at, especially when mashed with modern IPs like, oh, Better Call Saul. YouTuber Lumpy has just dropped a short video showing off what a Better Call Saul Gameboy game would’ve looked like back in the day.
You can check out the video for yourself down below, but do be warned that it contains spoilers for the episodes Pimento, Bagman, and Black and Blue:
The concept is honestly very creative. We’ve got Mario-like platforming levels in the desert, and even a segment that very appropriately calls back to Mike Tyson’s Punch Out. We also see the most terrifying thing that could ever surface from the Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul universe: Mike Ehrmantraut breaking into a genuinely creepy smile.
Honestly, the one knock I have on this fan game is that we didn’t get to see any gameplay segments with Kim Wexler arguing her ass off in court, or segments with Jimmy and Kim pulling scams on unsuspecting victims.
Better Call Saul is now streaming on Netflix and AMC+, with the finale set to air this week.
- When Will Better Call Saul Season 6 Be on Netflix?
- What Prison Did Jimmy Get Sent to in Better Call Saul?
- How to Watch All Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul Episodes in Chronological Order
- Why Did Jimmy Confess in Better Call Saul?
- Why Did Walt Look at the Watch in Better Call Saul?