The live-action Cowboy Bebop series from Netflix is looking pretty interesting so far. We’ve only seen the opening sequence and a few images from the show, but it definitely looks promising in the way it’s trying to stay faithful to the original anime series. Before it releases, though, the original anime itself is getting added to Netflix next month.
Cowboy Bebop follows the story of Spike Spiegel, Faye Valentine, and Jet Black, space bounty hunters who zip around the world trying to catch criminals for the right price. Every character is plagued by a troubled past, however, and it’s not long before they’re forced to face their own trauma.
The live-action series itself stars John Cho as Spike, as well as Mustafa Shakir and Daniella Pineda as Jet Black and Faye. It’ll definitely be interesting to revisit the anime and its familiar story beats before the release of the live-action series in November to see how it matches up.
The anime will be available on Netflix on Oct. 21.
- Cowboy Bebop Live-Action Arrives on Netflix Mid-November; First Look Photos Revealed
- Cowboy Bebop Collection Makes You Look As Snazzy as Spike Spiegel
- Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop Set for Fall; Composer Yoko Kanno Will Return
- Actress States Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop Season 1 Has Wrapped Filming
- Netflix’s Live Action Remake of Cowboy Bebop Is Now in Production