A couple of years removed from the finale of Game of Thrones, the next series set within the GoT universe has been formally revealed and is coming in 2022. House of The Dragon, a new TV series on HBO and HBO Max, takes place roughly 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones take place and focuses on the Targaryen era detailed in the novel, Fire and Blood.
Most fans of Game of Thrones of course know Daenerys Targaryen, one of the main characters of both the books and the first TV series, and her quest for the Iron Throne, but House of The Dragon will instead focus on her ancestors and their rule.
Fire and Blood is the motto of House Targaryen, and it stems from their brutal conquest and rule through their connection and control with powerful Dragons which used to be more common in that era.
I’m sure Song of Ice and Fire aficionados can probably recognize a few characters from the short teaser, but other than that, it’s a bit light on actual content. It just sets the tone with a few action sequences and intense faces. Check it out for yourself below.
- Game of Thrones’ Bella Ramsey to Play Ellie in HBO’s The Last of Us Series
- The Hardest Game of Thrones Trivia Quiz You’ll Ever Take
- Play These 5 Games If You’re Suffering From Game of Thrones Withdrawal
- 5 HBO Shows to Keep Your Subscription For Now that Game of Thrones Is Done
- Literally Just a Bunch of Game of Thrones Memes to Help You Accept the Show’s End (Spoilers)