Great rewards are in store for NBA 2K18 players who can dominate the toughest matches in MyTeam. While there are various modes you can play to get good ballers, Domination mode is arguably one of the best ways to steadily earn better cards while earning MT points. Aside from the three card packs you can get by racking in high MT points for each Domination match, you can easily acquire multiple rare player cards by simply winning matches.
Basically, there are three ways to earn rare player cards in Domination: getting three stars in each Domination match, completing historic card collections, and three-starring all matches in each Domination difficulty (Domination, Historic Domination, and All-Time Domination).
Except for the last few matches in each Domination difficulty, you can get a total of three card packs for each match: jersey pack, ball pack, and player pack. Because the contents of each player pack is completely randomized, there’s always a good chance that you’ll get a good baller. For those unaware, pack rewards in Domination are awarded based on your total MT points in the match. MT points you gain per match is based on player performance, so make sure you make each second count and you do well on both offense and defense.
Winning matches with the lowest MT point reward will also get you a jersey card pack. Your jersey collection isn’t solely used for cosmetic purposes as completing each set will earn you a rare player, which you can track by going to your NBA Team Uniforms in collections and toggling Reward Uniforms. Additionally, getting each rare player from the Historic home and away jersey collection will get you a far stronger player. Below is the full list for completing each jersey collection:
- Away Reward Uniforms 1: Ruby Jim Jackson – 88 Overall Rating
- Away Reward Uniforms 2: Ruby Buck Williams – 88 Overall Rating
- Home Reward Uniforms 1: Ruby Bill Russel – 88 Overall Rating
- Home Reward Uniforms 2: Ruby Penny Hardaway – 87 Overall Rating
- Historic Away Players (Buck Williams and Jim Jackson): Amethyst Bob Love – 92 Overall Rating
- Historic Domination Home Players (Bill Russel and Penny Hardaway): Amethyst Spencer Haywood – 92 Overall Rating
- Historic Domination Players (Spencer Haywood and Bob Love): Diamond Jo Jo White – 96 Overall Rating
Lastly, getting a three-star rating for each Domination bracket will reward you with a rare player card. Here, you’ll be given an option to pick one out of three players, so make sure to choose wisely. Online community-driven website 2KMTCentral has the full list of attributes for each player, so you can check it out before making a decision.
For more on NBA 2K18, make sure to check our ever-growing wiki.