The August update for Gears of War 4 is now available to download for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC players.
Like previous monthly updates, two more maps have been added into the game. Original Gears of War map Canals returns with the three bridges for tense sniper battles, but set at night in a city lit by moonlight and street lamps. The other map, Forge Blitz, is a smaller version of Gears of War 4 launch map Forge and focuses on quicker, intense action.
Both maps are playable in multiplayer and Horde for season pass holders in the Developer Playlist, which offers double XP and 20% more credits. The maps will be added to the public matchmaking for everyone else on Aug. 8.
Additionally, the credit bonus for the first win of the day has been increased from 100 to 500 credits. Developer The Coalition is making the change to celebrate the “Summer of Gears,” and the increased payout is only available during August.
The August update also changes the ring placements in the Escalation mode for a few maps based on a playtest with pro players. Check out the changes here, along with the rest of the patch notes below.
- Updated Escalation rings for Diner, Impact, and The Slab
- Changed a Weapon Pickup Location on Lift
- Improved JD, Kait and Del’s Multiplayer dialogue to match the recent dialogue changes for other characters
- Fixed an issue that could cause Customization Options to reset
- Fixed missing collision volumes for Grenades on certain areas of Raven Down
- Horde: Reduced effectiveness of spawn manipulation on Blood Drive and War Machine
- Reclaimed Windflare: Fixed an issue where the Kestrel could sometimes not die if killed out of the playable area
- Windows 10: Fixed a rare issue that could cause Season Pass to not function correctly