Looks like most of the bugs and glitches will be no more in Fallout 4.
Bethesda has announced that the very first patch for Fallout is now available on PC, while Fallout 4 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be seeing the same patch later on this week. This is the same patch that was released in beta form earlier back through Steam.
The 1.2 patch will be fix various bugs in the game, such as getting stuck in certain terminals and the game randomly crashing when you jump into water. The patch will also deliver “general memory and stability improvements.” With the PC version of the game, there will be tweaks and new features, one inclusion being able to remap the number keys. As the week goes on, we’re sure we will be seeing more details on the patch that is more console-specific. The 1.2 patch notes are detailed below:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with “When Freedom Calls” where the quest would not complete
- During “Confidence Man” fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)
What other fixes do you hope they will implement for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game? Sound off in the comment thread below, and tell us what bugs and glitches you’ve found in Fallout 4.
- PlayStation’s Original Series Powers Gets a Trailer for Season 2
- Fans React to “Multi-Part” FFVII Remake with Anger, Optimism, and Pure Confusion
- Overwatch will Have Free Heroes and Maps Post Launch