Monster Hunter: World has sold over 7 million units, making it Capcom’s fastest-selling title ever; with this news and the popularity of the online-multiplayer game, it’s no surprise that Capcom continues to support their game with free content, even after launch. The first major update for the game is coming on Mar. 22 and comes with it, a bunch of fresh content that will keep you hunting for hours on end.
A monster that’s been in past Monster Hunter entries, the feared and deadly Deviljho, will be joining the monster party thanks to the free update, as well as some slight adjustments that players have been asking for since launch – here’s whats coming:
- Reduced loading times.
- Two new armor sets based off of Deviljho.
- New entry for all 14 weapon types.
- Spring Blossom Fest complete with a fully decorated gathering hub and fun daily activities.
- Capcom will be giving away one free voucher on Mar. 16 that will let you edit your hunter’s gender and physical appearance. The voucher will not let you edit your hunter’s or Palico’s name/appearance. Once this free voucher is used, there will be a fee to purchase one in the future.
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest has been completed.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
You’ll be able to hunt down the Deviljho and partake in the Spring Fest once the update goes live on Mar. 22 for PS4 and Xbox One.