The popular cheesing (or glitching) methods of defeating the final boss of Destiny’s newest raid, Crota’s End, will be fixed on Jan. 13 according to the most recent Bungie Weekly Update.
Unlike our inaugural Vault of Glass Raid offering, hard mode for Crota’s End didn’t launch day and date alongside its younger, more affable sibling. I’ll bet you noticed, even though you’ve been busily swinging that sword into poor Crota’s big shiny green mug between dainty bites of soft, warm cheese.
Crota’s End – Updates
- The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.
- The Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials.
- Removed the physics impulse caused by exploding lanterns.Bridge Encounter
- Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.
- Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.Deathsinger Encounter
- Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.Crota Encounter
- Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter.
- Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
- Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active.Vault of Glass – Updates
- Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.Getting Swole in the Crucible
The Raid crew wasn’t the only team readying tweaks heading into and out of the holiday season. Our Crucible designers have a few things in the works to add some spice to the early goings of 2015.
- Asylum, The Anomaly, and The Burning Shrine maps will be added to existing Clash and Control playlist rotation.
- Iron Banner will return, with updated rewards, running from January 13th through January 19th.Full and final details for Raid, Crucible, and Iron Banner updates will be provided as patch notes next week.Stay tuned.