Today inXile Entertainment released a brand new video providing a deep dive into its upcoming hardcore RPG Wasteland 3.
This time around we get to see inXile boss Brian Fargo and Senior Writer Nathan Long as they talk in detail about the characters that we’ll meet (both friends and foes) and the setting we’ll be able to explore as we play the game.
There is plenty to hear and see, including a further look at the gameplay.
You can check it out below.
Wasteland 3 has been recently delayed to August 28, 2020, and it’ll come for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
If you’re not familiar with the game, you can check out an official description and bullet points below.
Following the critically acclaimed releases of Wasteland 2 and Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut, Wasteland 3 is currently in development, releasing August 28, 2020.
- A party-based roleplaying game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
- Adding a player vehicle, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2’s tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- Play solo or co-op with a friend in a story-driven experience where your choices will open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and more.
- Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- Set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a new dialog system, with all of it fully voiced.