In Sifu, you’re only goal is to hunt down those responsible for killing your father by any means necessary. As a martial arts master, you’ll need to have excellent timing if you hope to accomplish that goal before dying of old age, especially when it comes to avoiding getting thrown around by big guys. Here is everything you need to know about how to block and avoid throws in Sifu.
Not too far into Sifu, you’ll run into a large enemy variant. Instead of being quick and combo-focused, these big guys bring the hurt with powerful hits, including throws that take out half your health bar when you get caught in them.
How to Block & Avoid Throws in Sifu
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to Block & Avoid Throws in Sifu:
- When both big enemy’s arms start to glow, they’re getting ready to try and throw you.
If you don’t avoid this attack, it’ll instantly deplete half of your health.
- Press L1 + down on the left stick simultaneously to block/parry the throw.
Just like with other attacks, you need to time this perfectly, or else it won’t work.
- You can also press R2 to dodge or hold it down to run.
This tends to be the worse of the two options, as the big enemies only initiate throws when you’re close, so you’ll likely get caught because of their big reach.
That is everything you need to know about how to block and avoid throws in Sifu. If you’re still on the hunt for more info about the game, be sure to check out the rest of Twinfinite and check out all of our guides, which have plenty of tips, tricks, and FAQs to help you master the game’s combat.
There should also be some related content down below that you may find helpful, as well as some other Sifu-based news. For any questions you can’t find the answer to, always feel free to reach out to us in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to help.
- Sifu Is Getting a Very Limited Run Special Edition for Nintendo Switch
- When Does Sifu Come Out on Switch? Answered
- Sifu Arrives on Nintendo Switch on November 8
- Sifu Summer Content Update Launches Aug. 31; Brings New Outfits, Gameplay Modifiers, & More
- Sifu Patch 1.08 Brings Difficulty Options, Advanced Training Mode, & More