If you want to add the iconic sleepy Pokemon, Snorlax, to your Pokedex in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you’ll have your work cut out for you. Rather than simply being able to catch this Pokemon out somewhere in the wild, you’ll need to evolve a Munchlax into one. This, of course, means you’ll need to know where to catch Munchlax and how to evolve it into a Snorlax in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, and this guide will explain exactly what you need to know to do just that.
Munchlax can be caught in the following locations:
- Eterna Forest
- Floaroma Meadow
- Fuego Ironworks
- Route 205
- Route 206
- Route 207
- Route 208
- Route 209
- Route 210
- Route 211
- Route 212
- Route 213
- Route 214
- Route 215
- Route 218
- Route 221
- Route 222
- Sunlit Cavern
- Valley Windworks
- Whiteout Cave
For all but Whiteout Cave and Sunlit Cavern, you’ll need to slather honey on a tree nearby. Then, return 24 hours later and interact with the tree. You’ve then got a chance of Munchlax appearing which you can then catch in battle as you would any other Pokemon.
Evolving Munchlax into Snorlax in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
To evolve Munchlax into Snorlax, you’ll need to have it reach high Friendship with you.
There are a number of ways you can increase Friendship levels with a Pokemon, including:
- Walking or cycling – every 200 or so steps, you’ll increase the friendship of all Pokemon in your party.
- Use a Soothe Bell, found in the Pokemon Mansion on Route 212.
- Give your Pokemon a massage at the masseur in Veilstone City.
- Feed your Pokemon Poffins that they like.
Checking Pokemon Friendship Level
You can check your friendship level with any Pokemon by opening your Poketch and tabbing over to the screen with your Pokemon sprites moving around a screen. On this screen, hover the reticle over the Pokemon you want to check the friendship level of and press and hold A.
The number of hearts indicates your friendship level. For a high friendship level, you’re looking for at least 2 hearts.
That’s everything you need to know on how to get Snorlax in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl. For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our wiki or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- How to Get Shiny Stone in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- How to Evolve Happiny Into Chansey in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- What Lucario’s Weakness Is in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- How to Use Defog HM in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl: All Exclusive Pokemon in Each Version