Fusion rifles are near and dear to my heart as a longtime user of them going back to the day I got Pocket Infinity in Destiny 1. Naturally, I have lots of strong opinions on them, so let’s go over the best fusion rifles for PvE, PvP, and Gambit in Destiny 2 in 2022.
Best Fusion Rifles in Destiny 2
Best for PvE and Gambit
- Cartesian Coordinate (Solar, Energy) – Random world drop.
- Dream Breaker (Solar, Energy) – Obtained from completing Lectern of Enchantment quests.
- Glacioclasm (Energy, Void) – Only available during The Dawning event.
- Jotuun (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Possible drop after completing powerful weapon frames at Bergusia Forge.
- Merciless (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Rare exotic world drop.
- Null Composure – (Void, Energy) – Complete the ritual quest from Season of the Splicer via Banshee-44.
- One Thousand Voices (Power, Solar, Exotic) – Extremely rare drop from completing the raid, Last Wish.
- Plug One (Arc, Energy) – Possible drop from select Nightfall: The Ordeal strikes.
- Telesto (Energy, Void) – Rare exotic world drop.
- Vex Mythoclast (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Extremely rare drop from completing the raid, Vault of Glass.
- Zealot’s Reward (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Garden of Salvation.
Season of the Lost, the longest season in Destiny history, added the seasonal mod: Particle Deconstruction, which greatly enhances the damage an enemy takes from all fusion rifle sources after being hit with a few shots.
This mod has elevated fusion rifles into the upper tier of DPS weapons. Null Composure and Cartesian Coordinate are excellent choices as they both shoot very fast, have large magazines, and have perks that can help them deal damage to tougher enemies (High-Impact Reserves and Vorpal Weapon respectively).
If you have any trouble getting those, or want something that is well-rounded and feels great to fire, consider Dream Breaker as well which can be easily farmed for your god roll perks by doing Lectern of Enchantment quests on the moon,
Perhaps no fusion takes advantage of the seasonal mod more than Vex Mythoclast. It was in good shape after its buff prior to Season 15, but now, combined with Particle Deconstruction, it’s just an absolute monster. It can quickly trigger the mod with its rapid-fire mode, and then just unleash brutal shots for an energy weapon with its linear fusion rifle mode while the debuff is present on the enemy.
Every other exotic benefits from the mod as well, especially One Thousand Voices which was really good before the season started, and now it’s absolutely a top-tier boss burner.
Finally, if you can get your hands on a Glacioclasm with Reservoir Burst while The Dawning is active, that too can be a monster PvE weapon reminscent of Loaded Question.