The Halo Infinite Wasp is the UNSC’s flying vehicle. Think of it as the UNSC’s equivalent to the Banshee that the Covenant and Banished use for aerial combat.
In the campaign, the Wasp is particularly handy, as it can cut down the amount of time it takes for you to get to high-up places, return to the island with the anti-aircraft guns on, or simply get to previously unreachable areas.
Unlocking Wasps in Halo Infinite
To unlock the Wasp, you’ll need to earn 2,600 Valor. Once you’ve earned enough Valor, you can call in a Wasp from any FOB by walking over to the small plinth with a Mongoose hologram above it and press and hold X to select the vehicle you want to call in.
Keep scrolling over until you find the Wasp, then press A. After a couple of seconds of waiting, the Wasp will be dropped in front of you and you can hop in with it by pressing X.
To earn Valor fast, focus on clearing out any side missions when you’re able to freely explore the open world. Clearing FOBs, rescuing UNSC Squadrons and clearing Banished bases all reward you with Valor, so make sure you’re prioritizing these over anything else. Main missions also offer a large amount of Valor for completing, too.
All Wasp Controls
Controlling a Wasp in Halo Infinite can take a little bit of getting used to, as the controls may not be what you expect. Even more frustrating is the game doesn’t provide the controls for the vehicle on-screen, making it a little tricky to know how to move it about.
- Left Analog Stick – Movement
- Right Analog Stick – Aiming Reticle
- RT – Shoot
- LB – Decrease Altitude
- RB – Increase Altitude
- Y – Switch Weapon
- X – Exit Vehicle
- 343 to Reduce Halo Infinite’s Cosmetic Prices Starting this Week
- Halo Infinite Lead Narrative Designer Aaron Linde Joins Riot Games
- Riddell Is Making a Limited Commemorative Halo Infinite Helmet
- Halo Infinite’s BTB, Ranked Playlists & Challenges Get Update as New Playlists Go Live
- 5 Halo Infinite Multiplayer Playlists That Need to Come Out Next