The Recon Scanner might not be the best weapon in Fortnite, but it is a very handy device when you need to know the location of enemies in your nearby surroundings. When a projectile is fired, the Recon Scanner marks all containers and opponents for 15 seconds. You’ll also need it to complete some of the quests in the current season, so in this guide we’ll run you through how to get the Recon Scanner in Fortnite.
Getting the Recon Scanner in Fortnite
To get the Recon Scanner, you’ll need to open IO Chests found at Imagined Order locations across the map. These chests are the long, rectangular, grey ones with the IO icon embossed on the top.
Keep in mind, however, that there’s no guarantee you’ll get the Fortnite Recon Scanner from every single IO Chest you open. It is one of the more common drops, though, so open a few and you should end up grabbing one.
Here’s a complete list of all IO Chest Drops in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 8:
- Recon Scanner (Rare)
- Rail Gun (Rare, Epic, Legendary)
- Automatic Sniper Rifle (Rare, Epic, Legendary)
- Pump Shotgun (Rare, Epic, Legendary)
- Lever Action Shotgun (Rare, Epic, Legendary)
- Submachine Gun (Rare, Epic, Legendary)
- Assault Rifle (Rare, Epic, Legendary)
- Burst Assault Rifle (Rare, Epic, Legendary)
It can also be obtained as a drop for defeating Doctor Slone who can be found at the IO Staging Facility just by Catty Corner. It’s what was formerly known as Mountain Base.
- Fortnite Chapter 2 ‘The End’ Trailer Teases an Epic Grand Finale
- Fortnite Is Getting a Naruto Crossover Event Next Week
- Fortnite 18.30 Update Adds Combat Pistol, Icy Grappler & Salvaged B.R.U.T.E Donation Boards
- Resident Evil’s Jill Valentine & Chris Redfield Join Fortnite in New Crossover Event
- Fortnite 18.20 Update Pits Combat Assault Rifle Vs. Combat SMG in Latest War Effort, Increases Shared Quest XP