After you’ve made your way past the pesky lever puzzle in Moonglow Bay, you’ll then be ready to take on the Kraken… or just the giant squid that’s been inking up the waters around the seaside town. Like the other ‘boss’ sequences in the game, the squid doesn’t involve any combat and instead requires you to help out the big beasty instead. Here’s what you need to know to beat the squid in Moonglow Bay.
Beating the Kraken/ Squid in Moonglow Bay
When you first approach the squid, you’ll notice there’s a ton of trash in the water around it. It’s this that you need to remove and the best way to do this is by using your net.
Stand by the edge of the water and throw your net out, aiming it at the large trash piles floating in the water. Press RT to drag your net — and the trash — in towards you, freeing room for the squid.
After you’ve done this a few times, the squid will begin flailing around, causing debris to fall from above you. Make sure you’re stood right by the water and you’ll avoid being hit by any of the falling debris, its landing locations marked with shadows on the ground.
Continue to cast your net in and drag the trash in. Once you’ve cleared all of the trash out of the water, the squid will calm down and you’ll have saved Moonglow Bay from a rather inky disaster.
- Moonglow Bay Review – A Simple Slice-of-Life at Sea
- Moonglow Bay Gets a Super Chill Xbox & PC Launch Trailer
- Lena Raine’s Relaxing Moonglow Bay Soundtrack Now Available for Streaming & Purchase
- Moonglow Bay Interview: Developers Talk Town Development, Side Content & Working with Xbox
- Moonglow Bay Could Have Been a ‘Darker’ Game Inspired by Monster Hunter