Respeccing your characters in the original version of Diablo 2 was a pain in the sense that…you couldn’t. Every decision you made was permanent and if you screwed something up, well, I guess your character just sucks forever. Fortunately. Diablo 2: Resurrected does include the respeccing options that were added later on that allows players to reset their skills and stats, so you can fix mistakes. Here’s how to reset your skills in Diablo 2: Resurrected.
How to Reset Skills & Stats and Respec Your Character in Diablo 2: Resurrected
Compared to how it used to be “in my day” resetting your skills and stats in Diablo 2: Resurrected is a bit more forgiving.
There are two ways to do it. First, you can speak to Akara after completing the first quest in Act 1 for one free skill and stat reset per difficulty level. You can do this a total of three times, once per character per difficulty level. So in other words, you can reset once during your Normal run, again once you’ve reached Nightmare, and one final time when you’ve reached Hell.
How to Get Token of Absolution
The other way to reset your skills and stats in Diablo 2, after you’ve exhausted your freebie is to get a Token of Absolution, an item that can only be created while playing on Hell.
You need to collect four items that drop from each of the Act bosses while playing on Hell.
- Andariel & Duriel: Twisted Essence of Suffering
- Mephisto: Charged Essence of Hatred
- Diablo: Burning Essence of Terror
- Baal: Festering Essence of Destruction
Combine them all into the Horadric Cube and you’ll create a Token of Absolution that you can consume to reset your skills and stats.
That’s all you need to know for how to get to reset your skills and stats in Diablo 2. For more Diablo 2: Resurrected check out some of our most recent guides and articles down below.
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Review – For the Faithful
- Simu Liu Stars in a New Live-Action Trailer for Diablo 2: Resurrected
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Shows Its Demons in Cinematic Trailer
- Diablo 2: Resurrected’s Necromancer Trailer Shows Off Classic Pet Gameplay
- The Shapeshifting Druid is Next Up For its Diablo 2: Resurrected Class Trailer