Sniper rifles in Destiny 2 have had a bit of an up and down history, and that continues into Year 4. In this guide, we’re going to go over the best sniper rifles to use in PvE, PvP, and Gambit in Destiny 2 in 2021 as of Beyond Light, so you can pad your collection out with useful long-range weapons.
Best Destiny 2 Sniper Rifles 2021
Best for PvE & Gambit
- Adored (Energy, Arc) – Complete the Season of the Hunt ” X in your sights” quest.
- Cloudstrike (Energy, Arc, Exotic) – Rare drop from elected difficulty Empire Hunts.
- Ikelos_SR (Energy, Solar) – Random world drop.
- Izanagi’s Burden (Kinetic, Exotic) – Complete the Mysterious Box exotic quest. Can combine ammo into one super-charged shot.
- Long Shadow (Kinetic) – Random world drop.
- Praedyth’s Revenge (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Vault of Glass.
- Succession – Possible reward from completing encounters in the raid, Deep Stone Crypt
- The Supremacy (Kinetic) Random drop from the Last Wish raid.
- Whisper of the Worm (Power,Solar, Exotic) – Complete the Io Anomaly exotic quest. Returns ammo from reserves on precision hits.
We lost a lot of good ones in the great sunsetting. Fortunately, Beyond Light did add a couple of really good snipers to replace some of the ones that were vaulted.
Succession drops from the new raid and is arguably the best PvE sniper right now thanks to its high damage potential as an aggressive frame, combined with the fact that it can overcome its magazine size weakness with the new perk Reconstruction which can double its base size or more.
Adored, the ritual/pinnacle weapon for Season of the Hunt, also is a solid sniper that you could bring in for PvE activities (although it’s more popular in PvP), but it’s definitely easier to get than Succession if you don’t have a raid group.
Cloudstrike is a new exotic sniper that drops from elected difficulty empire hunts and it’s arguably the new DPS sniper king, at least on anything that you can shoot more than just once or twice.
If you need just pure burst damage, Izanagi’s Burden will still do the trick and if you have the opportunity to continue to rain critical shots over and over, Whisper of the Worm is still solid.
In particular, though, Izanagi’s Burden is quite good in Gambit where not only is it a good boss-killing weapon, it can also one-shot body shot Invaders when you have Honed Edge primed.