Ah, shotguns in Destiny 2. Everyone loves them in PvE, but they have consistently been on the top of the list of frustrating ways to die in PvP. They are popular for a reason: they are really good. So let’s go over the best shotguns in Destiny 2 in 2021 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit as of Beyond Light.
Shotguns are in a great place right now and there’s a lot of diversity between what you would use in PvE content and what you would use for Crucible AKA PvP.
Best Shotguns in Destiny 2 (2021)
Best for PvE & Gambit
- Blasphemer (Kinetic) – Possible drop from Pit of Heresy.
- Bonechiller (Energy, Void) – Completing activities on Europa.
- First in, Last Out (Energy, Arc) – Obtainable during Season of Arrivals.
- Found Verdict (Energy, Arc) – Possible drop from the raid, Vault of Glass.
- Fractethyst (Kinetic, Stasis) – Seasonal weapon from Season of the Lost.
- Heritage (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Deep Stone Crypt.
- Legend of Acrius (Power, Arc, Exotic) -Purchased from exotic kiosk
- Lord of Wolves (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Rare exotic world drop & Xur.
- Ikelos_SG (Energy, Solar) – Possible drop from encounters in Prophecy Dungeon.
- Prophet of Doom (Energy, Arc) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Garden of Salvation.
- Seventh Seraph CQC-12 (Energy, Arc) – Random world drop.
- The Chaperone (Kinetic, Exotic) – Complete the exotic quest, Blast From the Past, from Shaw Han on the Cosmodrome.
- The Fourth Horseman (Energy, Arc, Exotic) – Purchased from the exotic kiosk.
- Tractor Cannon (Power, Void, Exotic) – Rare exotic world drop.
For PvE and Gambit you have quite a few shotguns to choose from even after sunsetting depending on your playstyle.
From the exotic end, Lord of Wolves will still melt enemies even after its nerfs but if you have the ability to get super up close Legend of Acrius and The Fourth Horseman will do even more damage.
While Tractor Cannon isn’t as popular in raids anymore, in Gambit where groups can be less coordinated, popping a Tractor Cannon shot on a Primeval isn’t a bad idea.
For legendary shotguns, it’s really a choose your fighter kind of scenario depending on what style shotgun you like.
Slug shotguns can do a lot of damage whether you’re using The Chaperone or something like First in Last Out, Blasphemer, or the Deep Stone Crypt shotgun, Heritage. You just need to be able to hit crits.
If you can complete the Vault of Glass, Found Verdict is also a great all-around shotgun that doesn’t rely on crits as much if you have trouble hitting them alongside ol’ reliable Ikelos_SG.
Finally, Season of the Lost added Fractethyst which is the first Stasis shotgun, and not only holds its own as a shotgun with some great traditional perks, its Stasis damage can be used in certain Stasis builds, and it can create Stasis crystals if you use the Headstone perk.