Rocket Launchers in Destiny 2 have had kind of an up and down history. For a while, they were the champion of PvE damage before the cluster bomb nerf, then spent years in obscurity, and now, they are kind of back again after some recent buffs. In any event, let’s go over the best rocket launchers for PvE, PvP and Gambit in Destiny 2 in 2021 as of Beyond Light.
Best Rocket Launchers in Destiny 2 (2021)
Best for PvE & Gambit
- Acendancy (Power, Solar) – Reach rank 16 in any of the core game modes during Season of the Lost.
- Bad Omens (Power, Void) – Possible reward from completing Gambit matches and rank-ups.
- Code Duello (Power, Solar) – Reward from completing Battleground activities.
- Eyes of Tomorrow (Power, Solar, Exotic) – Rare drop from completing the final encounter in the raid, Deep Stone Crypt.
- Hezen Vengeance (Power, Solar) – Possible reward from completing encounters in the Vault of Glass.
- Royal Entry (Power, Void) – Vanguard Strike rank-up packages.
- Subzero Salvo (Power, Arc) – Europan weapon obtained via weapon quests from Variks.
- Truth [Gambit] (Power, Void, Exotic) – Purchased from exotic kiosk.
In addition to buffing up Rocket Launchers, Beyond Light has thrown in a few new perks that make them far more powerful than they were before.
Chain Reaction is one that can be found in the new weapon, Subzero Salvo, and that allows rocket explosions to chain and become even more destructive than usual.
The newer Rocket Launchers on this list, such as Code Duello and Royal Entry, can roll with the perk Lasting Impression, which allows the rocket to stick to an enemy and then explode a few seconds later for very high DPS and is a great perk to hang onto if you get it.
Ascendancy, the ritual weapon for Season of the Lost, is very much worth getting as well. If you’re playing during Season 15, make sure to go ahead and scoop that up while it’s easily obtainable. It’s the only non-sunset weapon in the game to have Explosive Light, the famed perk that charges up your damage and blast radius after picking up an orb of power.
The exotic rocket launchers are pretty solid as well, but in particular, we really like Eyes of Tomorrow.
Eyes of Tomorrow can easily track many enemies and unload a barrage of rockets that can decimate a whole area and also do solid single-target DPS as well if you proc its perk, Adaptive Ordinance. If you can’t get Eyes of Tomorrow, Wardcliff Coil is also still powerful.