Grenade launchers are finally in the limelight after living in the shadow of just about every other weapon type in Destiny 2 for most of its life. Nowadays, the grenade launcher reigns supreme in so many situations. Let’s look at the best grenade launchers in Destiny 2 2021 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit as of Destiny 2: Beyond Light.
Best Grenade Launchers in Destiny 2 (2021)
Best in PvE & Gambit
- Anarchy (Power, Arc, Exotic) – Purchased from the exotic kiosk.
- Deafening Whisper (Energy, Void) – Possible reward from Wrathborn Hunts.
- Interference VI (Power, Arc) – Random world drop.
- Ignition Code (Kinetic) – Possible drop from Key Code chests in Override & Splicer Umbral Engrams.
- Outrageous Fortune (Power, Solar) – Random world drop.
- Salvager’s Salvo (Energy, Arc) – Ritual weapon quest from Banshee-44.
- Truthteller (Energy, Void) – Random world drop.
- Witherhorde (Kinetic, Exotic) – Season of Arrivals seasonal pass reward.
Grenade launchers are an excellent PvE option and great for burning down anything tanky, or even taking out hordes of enemies depending on which ones you use.
Any legendary grenade launcher with Spike Grenades and something like Full Court and Auto-loading Holster is going to be a fantastic burst damage weapon on a boss. If you want Spike Grenades are less of a requirement and you can just pick stuff that makes the blast radius bigger. Just shoot it into a group of enemies and watch them go boom.
Anarchy took a bit hit prior to Season of the Lost and is no longer the single-target DPS king it once was. That said, it still has utility for locking down areas and decent single-target DPS, although Witherhorde does eat its lunch now quite a bit.
Witherhorde is a great hybrid weapon that can be effective both against groups of enemies and also do decent boss damage as well as a poor man’s Anarchy of sorts.
Ignition Code has appeared in Season of the Splicer and adds a new kinetic option for those that miss power-relevant Mountaintop, and can roll with random rolls. If you want a similar experience in the energy slot, then Salvager’s Salvo would be the play there. Or heck, run with both and Anarchy in that power slot if you’re a manaic.
Finally, the wave frame launchers have a space now as an excellent add clearing weapon. In particular, Deafening Whisper can roll with Ambitious Assassin which allows you to potentially fire two wave rounds before having to reload if you get enough kills.