Ghost of Tsushima impressed us last year with its combination of gorgeous graphics and tactile gameplay, and now developer Sucker Punch is readying itself to re-release a Director’s Cut edition that includes a new story-driven expansion called Iki Island. If you played the original and now want to re-experience the new version and its expansion on PS5, here’s how to upgrade to the PS5 version of Ghost of Tsushima.
How to Upgrade Ghost of Tsushima to PS5
Upgrading to Ghost of Tsushima PS5 depends on which version of the game you want. Here are your three options:
- You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.
- If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD
- You can also upgrade directly (from the original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD
Strangely, you are not able to upgrade from the base PS4 version of the game to the base PS5 version. Not that you’d be missing out on much, anyway — the only feature the PS5 version adds is 4K resolution at 60fps, as opposed to dynamic 4K at 60 FPS on PS4 Pro. Other updates to modes such as Legends are all free and included with your PS4 version.
To upgrade to any of the versions listed above, simply head over to the PS Store and purchase the option from the store that suits your preference.
How to Transfer Your Save Progress
Thankfully, if you’re upgrading from one version to the other you won’t have to start the entire game all over again.
If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, you’ll be able to transfer your save to PS5 to pick up where you left off. For new players, the new Iki Island content will be available beginning in Act 2 of Ghost of Tsushima, after you’ve made your way to the Toyotama region.
That’s all the information you should need about how to upgrade to Ghost of Tsushima on PS5. For more useful tips and guides on both the base game and its multiplayer expansion, check out Twinfinite’s wiki page.
You can also read our original review of the game right here.
- Ghost of Tsushima Legends Trailer Provides In-Depth Look at New Rivals Mode
- Here’s How Big The Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island Map Is
- Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island Review – Facing the Past
- Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut Launch Trailer Builds the Hype
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Releasing as a Standalone Later This Month; Update Adds New ‘Rivals’ Mode