As expected, developer Housemarque has today released a brand new patch for Returnal, its PS5 exclusive roguelite which has enjoyed a glowing critical reception since its release toward the end of the last week.
That said, its launch hasn’t been all smooth sailing; a number of frustrating performance issues have been logged in a lengthy bug thread over on Reddit that Housemarque has itself acknowledged, and today’s patch is chiefly concerned with fixing.
Unfortunately, the much-requested save feature to allow players to take breaks between each “run” of the game, which can sometimes take upwards of three hours, hasn’t yet been implemented.
Here’s the full breakdown via Housemarque:
Returnal Patch 1.3.3 Notes:
- Fixed an issue where certain Trophies might not unlock under specific gameplay conditions. Note: missing Trophies will need to be replayed to unlock.
- Multiple stability fixes addressing rare crashes/hangs.
- Fixed issue with pre-order suits occasionally blocking item collection and door opening.
- Fixed incorrect healing behaviour when resting in Helios.
- Configuration changes to increase the number of scout corpses available in all biomes.
- Fixed issues with certain custom controller mappings.
- Numerous minor fixes and improvements.
As a PSA to any players interested in checking out the debug cheat feature discovered earlier this week (see here), make sure your PS5 is set to offline before you boot the game next as this latest patch has likely removed access.