Mass Effect 2 has a very complex relationship-building system that features choices which affect the overall outcome of the series. Included amongst those choices are loyalty-based endeavors that can mean the difference between characters living or dying. Here is everything you need to know about how to get and keep Legion loyal in Mass Effect 2.
How to Get Legion Loyal in Mass Effect 2 – Loyalty Guide
Unlike some of the other characters in Mass Effect, Legion is not skippable or missable. You’ll naturally come upon him as you progress through the game’s narrative.
Specifically, you must complete the mission Reaper IFF that takes place on the Derelict Reaper to meet Legion. It is important to note that you’ll want to have completed all of the other assignments, ship upgrades, and loyalty missions available to you before doing this mission and getting Legion if you want to keep everyone alive.
Alongside this, you’ll want to be sure that you have a sufficient amount of Paragon and/or Renegade points to unlock dialogue options that’ll be pivotal to keeping Legion loyal later on.
At one point during the mission, Legion will be disabled by a husk while opening the way for Shepard to reach the ship’s mass effect core. After you finish this quest, Shepard takes Legion to the ship and is given the choice to either activate Legion or turn the Geth squadmate over to Cerberus. You’ll obviously want to pick the choice where you activating them.
Legion: A House Divided
You’ll then need to talk with Legion pretty much right after you get them – as your crew will be abducted very soon after the Reaper IFF Mission, signaling the Endgame – and they will inform Shepard that the Geth are in the midst of a civil war with one another. This creates a new mission called Legion: A House Divided. Complete this mission and you will have their loyalty, at least for the time being.
After you’ve completed Legion: A House Divided and Tali: Treason, Tali and Legion will get into an argument. You can resolve this argument peacefully if you have enough Paragon/Renegade points; or, you can take Legion’s side to retain their loyalty.
If you don’t take Legion’s side, you can visit them in their quarters afterward and speak with them. You’ll get one final chance to win back their loyalty here. Thankfully, the threshold requirements for Paragon/Renegade will be far lower this time around. Use whichever one you have, and you should be able to get their loyalty back.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Keep Legion Loyal in Mass Effect 2
- Complete all loyalty missions, assignments, and ship upgrades, then start the Reaper IFF mission.
- Activate Legion after the Reaper IFF mission.
- Speak with Legion to get the Legion: A House Divided quest pretty much right after you active them.
- Complete Legion: A House Divided.
- When Tali & Legion Argue, take Legion’s side, resolve the argument, or make up with Legion afterward.
Note that you’ll need to have decent Renegade and/or Paragon standing for the morality dialog options needed to regain Legion’s loyalty if you don’t take their side in the argument.
That is everything you need to know about how to get and keep Legion loyal in Mass Effect 2. If you do all these things correctly, you’ll have the best possible chance for keeping them alive through the events of Mass Effect 2. For more tips, tricks, and FAQs answered, be sure to check out our Mass Effect Legendary Edition wiki guide for more helpful info.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Improves PC Performance, Adds Subtitle Options & More
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Roasts Gamestop on the Citadel
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Finally Changes Tali’s Stock Photo Face
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Fixes Crashing Issues, Achievement Tracking & More
- Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition Worth It? What You Need to Know