Returnal is the latest PS5 exclusive from developing studio Housemarque that got released just last week to critical acclaim. While the game’s largely been praised for its fun shooter gameplay and roguelite mechanics, it isn’t without its flaws either.
Most notably, Returnal doesn’t feature any sort of save function. This means that if you’re in the middle of a run and you have to put the game down and do something else for an indefinite period of time, there’s no way to save your progress aside from just putting your PS5 in rest mode. This is troublesome, especially since Returnal runs can go on for quite a bit.
Players have made their grievances known on reddit, and Housemarque took to Twitter today to state that yes, they are indeed aware of player complaints. However, the developers have nothing to announce at this time.
This doesn’t mean that they won’t eventually add a save feature to the game, but players might have to wait a while before that comes to fruition.
Returnal is now available on PS5.
- Housemarque Sees Returnal as a Stepping Stone For Bigger Future Games
- New Returnal Patch Increases Deceased Scout Appearances, Fixes Crashes & Other Run Glitches
- Returnal Speedrunners are Already Beating the Game in Under 5 Minutes
- Returnal’s Patch 1.3.3 Gets Pulled After Reports of Save Data Corruption
- New Returnal Patch 1.3.3 Notes Reveal Bug Fixes & Stability Improvements, But No Save System