Earlier today, Bethesda revealed that Elder Scrolls Online players will no longer have to go on their adventures alone, as the game will be adding NPC companions as a part of the upcoming Blackwood Chapter. As a part of this update, players will be able to recruit, equip, and fight with your Companion at your side throughout the land.
Alongside being able to aid you on your journey, the introduction of companions also comes opens up interesting new stories and possibilities. Each character comes with their own unique story, rife with specific questlines and rewards to experience.
As you experience these stories, you’ll learn more about these NPCs, developing relationships can possibly blossom into much more. Whether you’ll actually be able to romance characters like you could in Skyrim has yet to be revealed.
While there are sure to be more, the two characters that received the spotlight in the trailer above are Bastion, an Imperial knight, and Mirri Elendis, a dark elf thief. It’ll be interesting to see just what stories unfold and how combat differs with the arrival of these new characters.
You can find out for yourself when the Blackwood Chapter comes Elder Scrolls Online for PC and Stadia on June 1, while Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 players can get their hands on this DLC on June 8.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Console Enhanced Preview Looks Gorgeous
- Elder Scrolls Online: Console Enhanced Set To Release on PS5, Xbox Series X|S This June
- The Elder Scrolls Online Playerbase Now Exceeds 18 Million
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Flames of Ambition DLC Trailer Celebrates Release & Return to Oblivion
- Elder Scrolls Online: Gates of Oblivion Expansion Begins in Blackwood This June