The 2021 Guardian Games event in Destiny 2 has ended today with the Hunters class taking the win, developer Bungie announced on Friday.
The event began last month on April 20, offering players medals by completing Contender Cards and Triumphs within game modes such as the Crucible, Gambit, and Strikes. The medals earned each day were counted between the Hunter, Titan, and Warlock classes with the class earning the most medals would win that day.
While the Titan class won last year’s event, the Hunter class took this year’s Guardian Games fours days before the event would have technically ended. The event was scheduled to end on Tuesday, May 11, but the Hunter class had such a great lead that the two other classes could not catch up.
Players should still have time to earn the Heir Apparent Exotic Machine Gun, its catalyst, three class-specific Exotic shells, and the Color of Speed Sparrow alongside buying the Guardian Games Universal Ornament Set from the Eververse in-game store.
The 2021 Guardian Games ends just before the next season of Destiny 2, called Season of the Splicer, will begin on May 11. The season will add a new seasonal activity featuring six-player matchmaking and will bring back the Vault of Glass raid from the original Destiny.
- Destiny 2 Patch Notes 4.1.0 Add Solar 3.0 Abilities, New Grenade & More
- Destiny 2 Developer Video Details Changes Coming to Solar Subclasses
- More Vault Space & Solstice Details Headline Latest Destiny 2 Update
- Destiny 2 Sets the Stage for the Guardian Games as Season 17 Pool Gets Tweaks
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Soundtrack Now Available for Purchase on Apple Music