Axiom Verge 2, the follow-up to the popular pixel graphics, retro style Metroidvania action game, has been delayed yet again. Over on the official blog, developer Thomas Happ stated that he’d made the decision to delay the game as he simply needed more time for development, that the game would be better off for it, and that it was also a conscious decision to avoid crunch and burnout.
“I could go into a long spiel about why it’s taking longer than I originally forecast, but I don’t want to get too bogged down into technical details. Suffice it to say that the game will be better for the additional time, and I won’t have to burn myself out crunching to hit a date that I set for myself.”Thomas Happ
To make up for the delay, Happ also went on to announce that the documentary of the making of the first game has been made free on Steam to everyone, and it’ll also become available on the Epic Games Store soon.
Axiom Verge 2 has no set release date just yet, but we’ll keep you updated as more info comes our way.
- Axiom Verge 2 Gets Epic Trailer Showcasing New Mechanics & More
- Axiom Verge 2 Gets New Trailer, Releases Spring 2021
- Axiom Verge 2 Announced for 2021 Epic Games Store Release
- Axiom Verge 2 Delayed, Likely to First Half of 2021
- Axiom Verge 2 Is Coming in 2020