Apex Legends studio Respawn Entertainment announced on Tuesday that the battle royale game would receive two separate updates today balancing two weapons and fixing several issues.
The updates were applied earlier today with the biggest changes going to the Spitfire light machine gun and the Bocek bow, the latter introduced with the beginning of Season 9: Legacy last week. Players had found the bow to be very powerful with its great damage and high rate of fire.
With the update, the Boeck bow will have its max body-shot damage reduced from 70 to 60 and charge up time slightly increased from 0.54 to 0.56, while the Deadeye’s Tempo hop-up will have a longer charge up time. Meanwhile, the Spitfire’s bullet damage will be reduced from 19 to 18, while the purple and gold magazines will also be reduced by five bullets.
Associate Live Balance Designer John Larson explained the weapon changes on Twitter, saying the team debated about the bow’s original damage and reducing magazines for “LMGs across the board is a lazy approach” and would make the weapons “dangerously close to ARs [assualt rifles].”
Other fixes in the update include ending Arena matches when no players are left on enemy team, a specific log in error, and more. Check out the full patch notes for both Apex Legends updates released today.
- Art of Apex Legends Hardcover Book Goes Up for Preorder on Amazon
- Apex Legends Update Re-Enables Arenas Leaver Penalties & Adds Pride Badge for All Players
- Apex Legends Update Punishes Players for Leaving Arena Mode Matches Early
- Apex Legends Arenas Mode Changes the Game Up in All the Right Ways
- Are You An Apex Predator? Prove It With This Apex Legends Trivia Quiz