As you come towards the end of the first half of Nier Replicant, you’ll be given the choice to either petrify Kaine or “do nothing and be annihilated.” This seems like a pretty monumental decision to make, and given your at the halfway point of the game, some players may worry that choosing the wrong option here would result in you affecting the story negatively. In this guide, we’ll explain whether to petrify Kaine or do nothing and be annihilated in the process.
Petrify Kaine or Do Nothing in Nier Replicant?
This choice isn’t actually a choice, as it turns out. If you choose to “do nothing and be annihilated” you’ll be chastised and nothing will actually happen. You can’t advance the story by doing this, as… you know, you’d be dead.
If you do choose to do nothing, you’ll simply be forced to petrify Kaine anyway. This is the only option you can choose to advance the story, and it won’t cause the story to deviate in any way. In other words, it doesn’t matter what you do here, you’re going to have to petrify Kaine.
Outside of that, there’s not a whole lot else you need to know about the decision. After petrifying Kaine, you’ll begin the second half of Nier Replicant Ver 1.22 where things skip forward in time a little bit.
- 4 Reasons Automata Fans Shouldn’t Sleep on NieR Replicant
- NieR Replicant Players Notice an Interesting Text Language Detail
- The Hardest NieR Replicant/Gestalt Quiz You’ll Ever Take
- 10 4K & HD Nier Replicant Wallpapers Perfect For Your Next Desktop Background
- NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… Review – Soul Meets Body