Developed by FourQuarters and published by Devolver Digital, Loop Hero is a brand new card-based, deck-building RPG that’s just been released on Steam. The controls are simple, but mastering this game and making smart tactical decisions will require quite a bit of practice. Here are some Loop Hero tips and tricks to get you started.
Set Yourself Up Well Early On
In Loop Hero, enemies get progressively tougher as the number of loops increases.
This means that it’s important to fight as many enemies as you possibly can in the early loops as they’re still extremely low-leveled and easy to kill, and will drop you plenty of cards to use in the coming rounds.
To that end, make sure to drop enemy spawn cards on the map, but don’t go overboard with it.
You can probably get away with about three spawns in your first loop, or maybe even more if you get lucky with equipment drops or you’ve already got decent camp upgrades.
In addition to that, you’ll get better equipment drops based on your item level, which means that you should definitely focus on equipping higher tier items as you get them for the early loops. You can worry about stats later.
- 3 Reasons Loop Hero Is Another ‘Perfect Switch Game (TM)’
- Loop Hero Announced for Nintendo Switch, Coming 2021
- New Loop Hero Update Adds In-Expedition Saves, New Tiles, Enemies, & More
- 5 Ways Loop Hero Could Be Even Better
- Loop Hero Composer States the Game Will Get New Music Over Time, Free for Those Who Bought the Soundtrack