Scout Rifles continue to be kind of in a weird place, but end game activities in Year 4, including the new raid Deep Stone Crypt added in Beyond Light, have given Scout Rifles some time to shine. Let’s go over the best scout rifles for PvE, PvP, and Gambit in Destiny 2for 2021 and Beyond Light.
Best Scout Rifles in Destiny 2 (2021)
Best in PvE & Gambit
- Dead Man’s Tale (Kinetic, Exotic) – Complete the secret mission, Presage.
- Night Watch (Kinetic) – Complete Gambit Prime matches, rank-up with The Drifter, or complete high-tier runs of The Reckoning.
- Patron of Lost Causes (Kinetic) – Random world drop.
- Polaris Lance (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Complete the exotic quest Nascent Dawn.
- Royal Chase (Energy, Void) – Season pass reward during Season of the Hunt.
- Symmetry (Energy, Arc, Exotic) – Season pass reward from Season of Dawn.
- Trustee (Energy, Solar) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the Deep Stone Crypt raid.
The big names as far as legendary scout rifles go haven’t changed too much in Beyond Light. One notable addition is Trustee which is a rapid-fire frame scout rifle that can also roll with Reconstruction, a unique raid perk that allows it to recharge ammo slowly over time even beyond its usual max capacity. Meaning just the base magazine size of 17 can eventually go all the way up to 34 with Reconstruction. Very nice!
Exotics have been mixed up a little though. Symmetry is still good. It’s a little tricky to use as you need to land precision blows to build up a charge that stacks to 15. Then, hold the reload button and it switches a gun that shoots homing arc bolts that explode for high damage for 10 seconds once you start firing it.
However, the big addition was Dead Man’s Tale, with the catalyst it is an extremely hard hitting sniper rifle that can do extremely high-damage both from far away through its sights, or up close with hip-fire. This guide from Ehroar shows off a sick PvE build that is very fun to use.
Polaris Lance is also very good in the right situations. It’s pretty nice in Gambit in particular as you can very safely chip away at a primeval from a long distance while keeping an eye on any invaders coming your way.
On top of that, every five critical hits will trigger an explosion with a DoT effect. It’s an extremely fun weapon to use on something that you can consistently rain critical hits on.
Finally, another legendary is Night Watch which is an oldie but a goodie that can roll with some powerful rolls. Look out for one with explosive rounds and subsistence which is a particularly satisfying combo.
- Destiny 2’s Upcoming Transmog System Detailed in Latest TWAB
- Destiny 2’s 2021 Guardian Games Unveiled With New Trailer & Info
- New Destiny 2 Proving Grounds Strike Drops Alongside New Trailer
- Destiny 2 Deep Stone Crypt Raid Developer Deep Dive Scheduled for Tomorrow
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Delayed to 2022, Sunsetting is Dead, & More Announced in Huge News Dump