Rocket Launchers in Destiny 2 have had kind of an up and down history. For a while, they were the champion of PvE damage before the cluster bomb nerf, then spent years in obscurity and now, they are kind of back again! In any event, let’s go over the best rocket launchers for PvE, PvP and Gambit in Destiny 2 in 2021 as of Beyond Light.
Best Rocket Launchers in Destiny 2 (2021)
Best for PvE & Gambit
- Bad Omens (Power, Void) – Possible reward from completing Gambit matches and rank-ups.
- Code Duello (Power, Solar) – Reward from completing Battleground activities.
- Eyes of Tomorrow (Power, Solar, Exotic) – Rare drop from completing the final encounter in the raid, Deep Stone Crypt.
- Royal Entry (Power, Void) – Vanguard Strike rank-up packages.
- Subzero Salvo (Power, Arc) – Europan weapon obtained via weapon quests from Variks.
- Truth [Gambit] (Power, Void, Exotic) – Purchased from exotic kiosk.
- Wardcliff Coil (Power, Arc, Exotic) – Random rare exotic world drop.
In addition to buffing up Rocket Launchers, Beyond Light has thrown in a few new perks that make them far more powerful than they were before.
Chain Reaction is one that can be found in the new weapon, Subzero Salvo, and that allows rocket explosions to chain and become even more destructive than usual.
The newer Rocket Launchers on this list, Code Duello and Royal Entry, can roll with the perk Lasting Impression, which allows the rocket to stick to an enemy and then explode a few seconds later for very high DPS and is a great perk to hang onto if you get it.
The exotic rocket launchers are pretty solid as well, but in particular we really like Eyes of Tomorrow.
Eyes of Tomorrow can easily track many enemies and unload a barrage of rockets that can decimate a whole area and also do solid single-target DPS as well if you proc its perk, Adaptive Ordinance. If you can’t get Eyes of Tomorrow, Wardcliff Coil is also still powerful.
Two-tailed Fox is powerful since the rocket buff and can help in Match Game scenarios, and Truth, while not great in traditional PvE, is absolutely killer for invading in Gambit still.