Let’s start this list off by saying there are no bad classes in Destiny 2. But when we’re talking about the best PvP classes and PvP subclasses for the Crucible, some definitely shine higher than others. Updated for 2021 as of Beyond Light, let’s go from what we feel the “worst” to the best.
12. Sunbreaker Titan
Destiny 2 Best PvP, Crucible & Trials of Osiris Classes & Subclasses, Ranked
The Sunbreaker is a safe, and powerful Titan subclass but compared to the other two, lack the utility and sheer power. It’s a bit of a one-trick pony.
Its super is extremely powerful and safer to use than most others. From a distance, as long as you have a halfway decent aim, you can easily run through an opposing team. However, it’s a bit limited by the number of throws you have and is prone to just straight up missing or tracking poorly.
What was once a strength, Thermite Grenades, has now been turned into a weapon via Wave Frame grenade launchers that any class can use. This sadly has taken a bit of the wind out of the Sunbreaker’s sails.
Finally, like all other Titans, it has a “shoulder charge” melee which will one hit KO an enemy. And, as an added bonus, it can soften up nearby enemies for a follow up attack which should also kill them in one shot if you’re quick about it. But again, every Titan subclass has a shoulder charge of some kind.
The Sunbreaker is only where it’s at on this list because of the stiff competition, and the lack of utility compared to the Sentinel, and the lack of offensive potential compared to the Striker. It’s arguably the safest and easiest of the three to use, though.
- New Destiny 2 Proving Grounds Strike Drops Alongside New Trailer
- Destiny 2 Deep Stone Crypt Raid Developer Deep Dive Scheduled for Tomorrow
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Delayed to 2022, Sunsetting is Dead, & More Announced in Huge News Dump
- Destiny 2’s Excellent Secret Missions Are Depressingly Still Too Few & Far Between
- Bungie Confirms Weekly Featured Raids Are Coming to Destiny 2, Just Not Right Now