Bravely Default 2 is the brand new JRPG that’s just been released exclusively for the Nintendo Switch, and it brings back the innovative Brave and Default combat system from the original game, along with a very in-depth and extensive job system. Here’s how to get the secret Bravebearer job in Bravely Default 2.
Do be warned that this article contains major spoilers for the endgame, so look away if you don’t want to be spoiled.
Getting the Secret Bravebearer Job in Bravely Default 2 (Spoilers)
There are a small handful of optional jobs you can get in Bravely Default 2, and the Bravebearer is one of them. However, in order to get it, you have to beat the game at least once, then reload your save and go back to a specific location to get it.
This is also probably the best job in the entire game, so getting it will require quite a bit of effort on your part. After clearing the game, load your clear save and you’ll be back at the last save point in chapter 6.
From here, head back to Halcyonia and go back to the Valley of Sighs dungeon where you last saw Sir Sloan.
Go to the end of the dungeon and take the path up to the hilltop where the gravestone is (the one Sloan wanted to stop by early on in the game) and interact with it. Here, you’ll have to go through a boss fight with the Hero of Light himself in order to get the Bravebearer job.
After beating him, the party will restore the Bravebearer Asterisk, and you can equip it on your characters like any other job stone.
The Bravebearer abilities are as follows:
- Supergravity: Deal damage to all targets equal to 25% of the user’s current HP.
- Wall of Woe: Cause all allies and enemies to lose one BP three times at regular intervals.
- Sword Lore: Sword aptitude is increased to S.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Deal physical damage to a target based on the length of time for which the game has been played.
- Dawn of Odyssey: Cause all allies and enemies to gain one BP three times at regular intervals.
- Hypergravity: Deal damage to all targets equal to 50% of the user’s current HP.
- Equaliser: Reduce BP by one for all allies and enemies whose BP is at one or more, and increase it by one for anyone whose BP is at minus one or below.
- Obliterate: Any enemy 20 or more levels below the user is instantly killed at the beginning of battle.
- Victory Smite: Deal physical damage to a target based on the number of battles you’ve won.
- Sub-job Specialty 2: The second specialty listed for the user’s sub-job is activated.
- Gigagravity: Deal damage to all targets equal to 75% of the user’s current HP.
- Victory Double: Perform two physical attacks on a target, each dealing damage based on the number of battles you’ve won.
- Across the Board: Any ability that usually affects a single target now affects multiple targets.
- BP Bump: Increase all allies’ BP by one.
- Best Practice: Perform two physical attacks on a target, each dealing damage based on the length of time for which the game has been played.
That’s all you need to know about how to get the Bravebearer secret job in Bravely Default 2. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.