Valorant is Riot Games’ first hero-shooter, and it fuses two genres together: tactical shooters, and hero shooters. The developer is drawing on years of experience with its popular MOBA League of Legends to deliver an eclectic cast of “Agents” that each has their own unique attributes and special abilities. Here we’ll go over who we consider the best Agents in ValorantPatch 2.04.
S Tier – Sova
Best Valorant Agents, Ranked
Sova is Valorant’s tutorial character, but don’t let that fool you into thinking he’s only good for beginners.
Thanks to his abilities to illuminate enemy targets with both his surveillance arrow and owl drone, Sova can give an immense amount of intel to his team, allowing you to catch attacking rushes before they happen or recon Spike sites for defenders before your team enters.
In this way, Sova is both fantastic to learn with as a beginner and a vital part of any veteran squad. He’s the eyes of the team, making it easier for both yourself and everyone else to spot targets.
And when you want to strike back at targets, his Ultimate is a powerful offensive attack that can blow through walls. This can be used at the start of a round to gain a “pick,” or more defensively to either attack or defend the spike plant/defuse.
You won’t see many professional Valorant games in which Sova is not picked. He is generally a vital part of any team composition.
- Shock Bolt: Fire an explosive bolt that emits a damaging pulse of static energy upon impact.
- Owl Drone: Deploy a pilotable drone that can fire a dart that will Reveal enemies who are hit.
- Recon Bolt: Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter. The sonar pings tag nearby enemies, causing them to be revealed. Can be destroyed.
- Ultimate: Hunter’s Fury: Fire up to three deadly energy blasts that spear across the entire map. Each hit enemy takes heavy damage and is marked.
S Tier – Jett
Jett’s ability to quickly dash, jump, and glide allows her to move across the map quickly and hold unique positions. These, in combination with an ultimate ability that can be used in place of a primary weapon, make her kit well-suited to those who like to use the Operator. And since every good team needs one “Oper,” Jett is a must-have Agent for most compositions.
But her kit isn’t limited to sniping. In fact, that’s really just a sideshow to what it’s actually designed for. Jett is supposed to be used primarily as an entry fragger. That’s because she can smoke and then dash quickly onto a site to force an opening for her team.
When it comes to using her ultimate, Jett players need to be sure they have excellent aim since her Blade Storm is a one-hit kill if you can score a headshot. What’s more, it’s accurate even while on the move, and she’s able to unleash all five knives with a single right-click for close ranges. The flipside, though, is that if you miss your shots the ultimate has done nothing useful for your team.
Still, with a utility kit that’s both excellent for Jett and useful for her team, she’s easily one of the best Agents in Valorant, albeit not a great one for beginners.
- Cloudburst: Throw out a cloud of fog that obscures vision on impact. Hold down the ability button to bend the cloud’s in-flight trajectory.
- Updraft: After a brief wind up, propel yourself upwards.
- Tailwind: Immediately dash a short distance in the direction you’re moving.
- Ultimate: Blade Storm: Arm yourself with several deadly throwing knives that deal moderate damage and kill on headshots. Scoring a kill restores all daggers. Left-click throws a single dagger. Right-click throws all remaining daggers in a short-ranged burst.
S Tier – Raze
Best Valorant Agents, Ranked
When it comes to offensive utility, there’s no Agent stronger than Raze. Her Boom Bot, Grenade, and Showstopper can kill multiple enemies in a single hit, which not only makes her incredibly strong in a duel but can force enemy teams away from pushing areas for fear of being damaged.
This allows Raze to control entire areas and win space for her team, whereas other duelists’ utility tends help only at the individual level.
Want to scout out Hookah on Bind? Use the Boom Bot to gain intel and force an enemy away. Need to clear out B Garage on Ascent? Throw a nade and listen to them run!
Raze’s most unique ability is her Blast Pack which boosts her (or another player) in a direction, either upward, sideways, or forward. This gives Raze the ability to reach areas of the map other Agents can’t, as well as quickly escape similar to Jett’s Dash. In a pinch, you can even use it offensively to damage enemies or send them flying away.
The Blast Pack works best, though, in combination with Showstopper ult. It’s best used to elevate her into the air after bringing out the rocket launcher so she can better spot targets.
- Blast Pack: Instantly throw a Blast Pack that will stick to surfaces. Re-use the ability after deployment to detonate, damaging and moving anything hit.
- Cluster Grenade: Fire to throw the grenade, which does damage and creates sub-munitions, each doing damage to anyone in range
- Boom Bot: Fire will deploy the bot, causing it to travel in a straight line on the ground, bouncing off walls. The Boom Bot will lock on to any enemies in its frontal cone and chase them, exploding for heavy damage if it reaches them.
- Showstopper: Fire shoots a rocket that does massive area damage on contact with anything.
- Valorant Patch 2.07 Notes Reveal Major Astra Buff, & Tweaks to Raze & Viper
- European Valorant Qualification Matches Will Finally be Available to Watch on Twitch
- Why Valorant Shouldn’t Rush Into an Agent Pick/Ban System
- Two of Valorant’s Least Picked Agents are Getting a Major Buff; Patch 2.06 Notes
- 5 Major Talking Points After Valorant Masters Stage 1