Here, you’ll find the complete The Medium achievement list, detailing how you’ll unlock all of the achievements in the game so you can earn all 1,000 Gamerscore on offer.
All Achievements in The Medium
There are 39 achievements in The Medium that make up its 1,000 Gamerscore. We’ve listed the normal achievements below, and have separated out the secret achievements in a list further down the page to save you from any spoilers.
|The Medium Achievements List|
|Insightful||Use Insight for at least 15 minutes.||30|
|Left Behind||Find an Echo.||10|
|Calling Out to Me||Find all Echoes in a single playthrough.||40|
|I Know the Pieces Fit||Reconstruct a Memory Shard.||10|
|Puzzling Out the Past||Reconstruct all Memory Shards in a single playthrough.||40|
|Guiding Light||Find a page from a mentor’s diary.||10|
|A Dangerous Method||Find a note from a troubled man.||10|
|From Niwa with Love||Find a postcard from the groundskeeper.||10|
|Caught the Scent||Find an Echo of a mysterious caller.||10|
|Spirit Walking||Spend 10 minutes outside your body.||20|
|Phantom||Escape the creature without alerting it.||40|
|Inner Investigator||Inspect 25 objects in a single playthrough.||10|
|Dual Detective||Inspect 50 objects in a single playthrough.||30|
|Psychic Sleuth||Inspect 100 objects in a single playthrough.||50|
The remaining 25 achievements are ‘Secret Achievements’ that you won’t be able to see from the list on your console until you’ve unlocked them. A lot of these are story-related, so if you’ve yet to finish the game or are cautious of spoilers, you might want to turn back now.
*** Spoiler Warning ***
The Medium Secret Achievements
- The Last Goodbye – Send Jack’s spirit away. (20)
- Welcome to Niwa – Reach the hotel. (20)
- The Cheerful Kind – Meet Sadness. (20)
- You Saw, You Ran, You Lived – Survive a monstrous encounter. (20)
- The Childeater – Experience your first vision of Thomas. (20)
- Unforgiven – Send the Childeater away. (20)
- Among the Ashes – Find the Red House. (20)
- The Hound – Experience your second vision of Thomas. (20)
- Unrepentant – Send the Hound away. (20)
- The Pact – Uncover the mystery of the burned down house. (20)
- Dark Water – Make it through the pump station. (20)
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – Complete the broken mirror. (20)
- Can’t Always Save Everyone – Finish the game. (100)
- Devouring Darkness – Find all pages from Richard’s diary in a single playthrough. (40)
- An Unknown Outcome – Find all of Thomas’ notes in a single playthrough. (40)
- All That’s Left Unsaid – Find all of Frank’s postcards in a single playthrough. (40)
- Followed the Trail – Find all of Henry’s Echoes in a single playthrough. (40)
- Famished Feline – Feed the cat in Jack’s apartment. (20)
- Edge of Sanity – Acquire the razor. (20)
- Cut the Crap – Acquire the bolt cutters. (20)
- Through the Looking Glass – Use a mirror to cross over. (20)
- Thunderstruck – Defeat the creature in the flooded ruins. (30)
- Medium Rare – Burn through the moths using Spirit Shield. (20)
- Conduit – Use Spirit Blast to create electricity. (20)
- Running Sim – Run 2 kilometers.
How Easy Is The Medium to 100%?
On our first playthrough, we got 35 of the 39 achievements in The Medium, and were only missing a handful of collectibles required to unlock the remainder.
It’s these collectible achievements that will cause you the most problems, as they can often be tucked away in nooks and crannies of Niwa that you have no real reason to explore. Just make sure you’re venturing off the beaten path as much as possible and you should wrap up most of them.
As for the other achievements, we unlocked all of these naturally throughout the duration of The Medium, so they shouldn’t cause you any real problems.
That’s everything you need to know on The Medium’s achievements list. For more on the game, you can check out more of our coverage below. Otherwise, be sure to add ‘Twinfinite‘ to your next games-related search.
- This Easter Egg in The Medium Has Troy Baker & Mary Elizabeth McGlynn Singing the OST
- The Medium’s Launch Trailer Has Serious Silent Hill Vibes
- Damn, The Medium Would Have Been a Perfect Series X|S Launch Title
- The Medium Review – A Spiritual Sensation
- The Medium PC Requirements Revealed, and They’re Not Too Bad