While a quick pistol shot to the head is a fun enough way to take out a target in Hitman 3, it’s not as satisfying as using a sniper rifle. That being said, actually getting Agent 47’s hands on one isn’t easy. So that you can assassinate a target from far away, here’s everything you need to know about how to get a sniper rifle in Hitman 3.
First things first, you’ll find one on the roof of the laundry store in Chongqing in Hitman 3, so you can grab one there if you’re looking to just use one briefly. However, you can make it so you can have a sniper rifle from the start of any level.
How to Get Sniper Rifle in Hitman 3
Just as is the case for any item, getting the sniper rifle in Hitman 3 is tied to mastery level of each mission. You’ll need to keep playing a mission, complete challenges for it, and you’ll then unlock a sniper rifle. Below are the weapons available and the mastery levels they’re tied to.
- Dubai – Level 15 – Druzhina 34 DTI
- Dartmoor – Level 20 – Bartoli Woodsman Hunting Rifle
- Chongqing – Level 20 – Hackl Leviathan Sniper Rifle Covert
- Mendoza – Level 20 – Sieger 300 Viper
It’s also worth noting that you’ll likely have unlocked a sniper rifle if you import your Hitman 1 and 2 progress into Hitman 3. For example, a sniper is unlocked at mastery level 5 in the first game, so you might have that.
How to Use the Sniper Rifle
As for actually using one, it’s a little tricky. Due to the size of sniper rifles, Agent 47 can’t hide them on himself, so he needs to carry something to hide it in.
In the Planning section of the menu, before jumping into a mission, you’ll need to change the item that Agent 47 is carrying (where the Fiber Wire is by default) to a Container item, such as a briefcase.
That allows you to hide a larger weapon inside it and carry it around the level without people looking at you strangely. Once you select the briefcase, another tile will open on the Planning menu, where you can select a sniper to go into the case.
Do that and Agent 47 will begin the level with a sniper to use.
- PC Players Can Finally Import Hitman 1 & 2 Locations Into Hitman 3
- IO Outline Hitman 3’s February Content Roadmap
- Hitman 3: How to Find All Clues In Emma’s Room
- Hitman 3 Chongqing: Where the Homeless Shelter Is
- Hitman 3 Elusive Targets Release Date: Everything We Know So Far