Nintendo is letting fans know ahead of time what to expect from the company at The Game Awards 2020. It’s been revealed that the house of Mario will indeed be revealing a brand-new DLC fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate later today during Geoff Keighley’s show.
It was announced via a tweet from the official Nintendo Twitter account this morning, which reads: “A new Super #SmashBrosUltimate fighter will be revealed tonight at #TheGameAwards! Tune in to the show, beginning at 4pm PT, to be ready for the reveal!”
You can see the tweet for yourself down below:
This character will be mark the third fighter to come as part of the Fighter’s Pass Volume 2, following Min Min from ARMS and Minecraft Steve from… you know, Minecraft.
There’s been rumors and speculation about who the character could be, but it could be anyone’s guess at this point. Fans have been wanting Sora from Kingdom Hearts for quite some time now and even a Fortnite character could be likely at this point.
We’ll just have to tune in to the awards show later today to find out. If you’re interested, you can check out our impressions on Min Min and Steve, and you can also read our predictions for the big show. It turns out that we were correct about one of them so far!
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now available for the Nintendo Switch.
- Sakurai Breaks Down how Pyra & Mythra Play in new Smash Bros. Ultimate Video; Reveals Release Date
- Bravely Default II to Get Featured in Super Smash Bros Ultimate’s Spirit Board this Week
- Xenoblade’s Mythra and Pyra Join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in March
- Sephiroth’s Standard Moveset in Super Smash Bros. Is Refreshing
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 10.0 Patch Notes Are Here