Ubisoft has been relentless with their open-world game releases this past quarter, and they’re capping off the year with Immortals Fenyx Rising, a brand new IP from the same team that worked on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. This is a much more contained and compact experience than your typical Ubisoft game, and also dives deep into the fantastical elements of Greek mythology. Here’s how to unlock Nightmare difficulty in Immortals Fenyx Rising.
The combat in this game might seem fairly basic, but things can get plenty challenging as you get deeper into the game and explore more of the world.
That being said, if you’ve played through the entire game thinking it was too easy and you’re looking for an even greater challenge, it might be time to try your hand at Nightmare difficulty.
Unlocking Nightmare Difficulty in Immortals Fenyx Rising
This difficulty option can only be unlocked after you’ve beaten the game once. After clearing the story, start up new game plus from the menu, and you’ll be able to choose Nightmare from the difficulty selection screen.
That being said, this setting certainly isn’t for the faint of heart. Here’s what’s different in this setting:
- Enemy Difficulty: Deadly
- Health Regeneration: None
- Stamina Regeneration: Default
- Fall Damage: Default
- Myth Challenge Assistance: No assistance, heavily reduced timers
The difficulty description reads: “You enjoy a good story, but prefer an intense challenge. This is meant for seasoned players ready to display the highest level of skill and strategy.”
Not only are enemies tougher and more dangerous, the myth challenges (which you need to clear to get Coins of Charon) will also be much more difficult, which can make skill upgrades harder to obtain.
That’s all you need to know about how to unlock Nightmare difficulty in Immortals Fenyx Rising. Be sure check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Immortals Fenyx Rising: The Lost Gods’ Top-Down Gameplay Looks Action-Packed in its Launch Trailer
- Ubisoft Dates Immortals Fenyx Rising the Lost Gods DLC
- Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Second DLC Gets An Epic Launch Trailer
- Immortals Fenyx Rising: Myths of the Eastern Realm DLC Coming Later This Month
- Immortals Fenyx Rising Adds Blood of Zeus Bonus Quest via Limited Time Crossover