The thing about playing a port of a thirty-year-old game like Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light is that it doesn’t have the gameplay nuances that have been improved upon with the series’ more recent entries.
While this Fire Emblem is a great game and port in general, it doesn’t do the best job of explaining gameplay and its mechanics to the player. So if you need help to understand some basic features, here are tips and tricks for Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.
Remember: There’s No Weapon Triangle
Despite being a staple of the Fire Emblem series, the weapon triangle did not originate from the first game in the series. While there are the typical sword, lance, and axe weapons, you don’t get bonuses for using one weapon over another.
They do, however, have different stats from one another. Swords are the weakest but more accurate, lances are stronger but less accurate, and axes are the strongest but the least accurate.
While keeping this in mind, don’t fool yourself into thinking using one weapon against another is beneficial. But you should keep in mind that bows are very effective against fliers. So use your archers against fliers and keep your fliers away from archers.
- Gatekeeper Near Top of Annual Fire Emblem Heroes Choose Your Legends Vote
- New Fire Emblem Heroes Update Brings Back Tharja, Dorothea, & More
- Fire Emblem’s Lyn Getting Charming Figure from Intelligent Systems
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light Review – Not So Dated
- Fire Emblem Heroes’ New Book V Story Update Drops Today, Introduces New Characters & Armor