Destiny 2’s current meta goes through twists and turns as weapons rise in popularity, dominate the raid meta, and then get nerfed. In this guide, we’re going to run through the best weapons for PvE and raids in Destiny 2 in 2020 as of Beyond Light and Season of the Hunt. We’ll start with the best Legendary weapons and then dive into the best exotic weapons for PvE and raid content as well.
Best Legendary Weapons for PvE & Raids in Destiny 2 (2020)
- Biting Wind (Bow, Kinetic)
- Cold Denial (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic)
- Commemoration (Machine Gun, Power, Arc)
- Deafening Whisper (Grenade Launcher, Energy, Void)
- Falling Guillotine (Sword, Power, Void)
- First in, Last Out (Shotgun, Energy, Arc)
- Friction Fire (SMG, Kinetic)
- Gnawing Hunger (Auto Rifle, Energy, Void)
- Heritage (Shotgun, Kinetic)
- High Albedo (Sidearm, Kinetic)
- Ikelos_SMG_v.1.02 (SMG, Energy, Arc)
- Ikelos_SR_ v.1.02 (Sniper Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- Interference VI (Grenade Launcher, Power, Arc)
- Line in the Sand (Linear Fusion Rifle, Power, Arc)
- Night Watch (Scout Rifle, Kinetic)
- Posterity (Hand Cannon, Energy, Arc)
- Sacred Provenance (Pulse Rifle, Kinetic)
- Seventh Seraph SAW (Machine Gun, Power, Arc)
- Stars in Shadows (Pulse Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- Subzero Salvo (Rocket Launcher, Power, Arc)
- Succession (Sniper Rifle, Kinetic)
- Trustee (Scout Rifle, Energy, Solar)
- Truthteller (Grenade Launcher, Energy, Void)
- Xenoclast IV (Shotgun, Energy, Arc)
- Zealot’s Reward (Fusion Rifle, Energy, Void)
Before the pitchforks come out, please know that this is not a definitive list of every weapon that is good in PvE Destiny 2. Weapons that are left off this list are not bad or “trash.”
This is merely a curated greatest hits collection from our various Destiny 2 weapon guides including at least one of every weapon type to help build up your legendary weapon collection with a variety of great guns.
Let’s highlight, though, a few of the biggest and best Destiny 2 PvE weapons that are particularly game-changing that you should definitely have.
These weapons, thanks to the unique perk Reconstruction that they can all roll with, are all among the best PvE legendary weapons in Destiny 2 right now as of Beyond Light. Collect them all with Reconstruction and that can be the backbone of your legendary weapon collection.
You’re also going to want to get a good roll of Falling Guillotine with something like Whirlwind Blade and Tireless Blade. Swords are among the best PvE legendary weapons right now in Destiny 2 and Falling Guillotine is by far the best legendary sword you can have. Having that as a solid boss DPS weapon frees up your exotic slot for something else if you wish.
Finally, it’s also worth highlighting the Seventh Seraph and Ikelos weapons which are notable because of the ease in which they can create Warmind Cells for builds that are based around those mods. The ones listed above are arguably the best of those family of weapons, but any well-rolled Ikelos or Seventh Seraph weapon is worth hanging onto.
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: Best New Legendary Weapons
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: How to Unlock Stasis Subclasses
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: How to Complete Umbral Incursions
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: How to Get Mask of Bakris Exotic Hunter Helmet
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light: How to Get Precious Scars Titan Exotic Helmet