Grenade launchers are finally in the limelight after living in the shadow of just about every other weapon type in Destiny 2 for most of its life. Nowadays, the grenade launcher reigns supreme in so many situations. Let’s look at the best grenade launchers in Destiny 2 2020 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit as of Destiny 2: Beyond Light and Season of the Hunt.
Best Grenade Launchers in Destiny 2
Best in PvE & Gambit
- Anarchy (Power, Arc, Exotic) – Extremely rare drop from defeating the final boss as the end of the raid, Scourge of the Past.
- Deafening Whisper (Energy, Void) – Possible reward from Wrathborn Hunts.
- Interference VI (Power, Arc) – Random world drop.
- Martyr’s Retribution (Energy, Solar) – Random world drop.
- Outrageous Fortune (Power, Solar) – Random world drop.
- Truthteller (Energy, Void) – Random world drop.
- Witherhorde (Kinetic, Exotic) – Season of Arrivals seasonal pass reward.
Grenade launchers are an excellent PvE option and great for burning down bosses in gambit.
Any legendary grenade launcher with Spike Grenades and something like Full Court and Auto-loading Holster is going to be a fantastic burst damage weapon on a boss. If you want Spike Grenades are less of a requirement and you can just pick stuff that makes the blast radius bigger. Just shoot it into a group of enemies and watch them go boom.
Anarchy is still arguably the DPS king in the right weapon loadout. Fire two or three shots into an enemy and watch the damage over time tick up and up while you switch to a different weapon to fire with.
Witherhorde is a great hybrid weapon that can be effective both against groups of enemies and also do decent boss damage as well as a poor man’s Anarchy of sorts.
Finally, the wave frame launchers have a space now as an excellent add clearing weapon. In particular, Deafening Whisper isn’t being sunset for a while and can roll with Ambitious Assassin which allows you to potentially fire two wave rounds before having to reload if you get enough kills.