It’s 2020, and Sony and Microsoft are finally releasing their long-awaited next-gen gaming consoles. Considering that these consoles have some new features and elements that make them feel truly “next-gen,” there might be some things that may annoy some players, such as menu music. If you have just picked up a PS5 and are wondering how to turn off the PS5 menu music, here’s what you need to do.
How To Turn Menu Music off on PS5
The PS5’s dashboard sure is sleek, but you might not be into the menu music that constantly plays in the background of your PS5. If that’s the case, turning that music off is very easy to do.
All you need to do is go to settings from the dashboard, then sound, and then Audio Output. From here, scroll down until you see the ‘General’ section. Here is where you’ll be able to toggle off the ‘Home Screen Music.’
Once you do that, the music will be gone, and you can enjoy the sweet silence until, you know, you turn the music back on.
Time needed: 1 minute.
To sum up how to turn off menu music on PS5:
- From the dashboard of the PS5 (the home screen), go ahead and open up the settings.
- From settings, go to sound and then audio output.
- Go down until you see the ‘General’ section.
- At the very top of this section, you’ll see an option to toggle off ‘Home Screen Music’ –it’s that simple!
And as always, if you have any questions about this guide, feel free to shoot us a comment down below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- FIFA 21: How to Upgrade PS4 to PS5 Version
- Neptunia ReVerse for PS5 Announced for the West; Coming Next Year
- Cyberpunk 2077 Preload & Unlock Times (PS5, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PS4, & PC)
- FIFA 21’s PS5 Version’s New Features Are Smart but Distracting
- UK PS5 Launch Sales Topple Nintendo Switch’s Hold on Top Spot in a Big November For Consoles