Auto rifles have been in a weird spot for a while now in Destiny 2. They’ve been up and down, but now, especially in PvP, they are quite powerful again. These are the best auto rifles for PvE, PvP, and Gambit in Destiny 2 as of 2020 and Beyond Light.
As a disclaimer we’re going to be focusing on guns that are not sunset. If you have an old favorite that you still want to use in Quickplay or something like that, definitely go for it! But we’re going to be looking at shotguns that can be used in all content.
Auto rifles, in general, are still in a decent spot even after getting nerfed a bit recently. However, sunsetting as of Beyond Light did a number on a lot of popular autos. Let’s look at what’s left after the carnage.
Best Auto Rifles in Destiny 2 (2020)
Best for PvE & Gambit
- Age-Old Bond (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Last Wish.
- False Promises (Kinetic) – Random world pool drop.
- Gnawing Hunger (Kinetic) – Random world pool drop.
- Hard Light (Energy, Exotic) – Rare exotic world drop.
- Monte Carlo (Exotic, Kinetic) – Random rare exotic world drop.
- Reckless Oracle (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Garden of Salvation.
- Seventh Seraph Carbine (Kinetic) – Random world pool drop.
Gnawing Hunger is an excellent go to option regardless of the event that you’re doing. It’s 600 RPM rifle, generally considered the sweet spot for many players and has solid all around stats with very nice possible perk combinations.
If you want a little better range and don’t mind a slower RPM, go with False Promises and Age-Old Bond both of which have very nice range and stability stats with good perks to roll for.
Finally, if you want to go a little more HAM with hire RPMs, definitely consider Reckless Oracle from the Garden of Salvation raid.
For exotics you have a handful of options depending on the scenario. For Nightfalls consider Hard Light to make match game a joke. If you have a melee-focused build going, obviously bring Monte Carlo. If you’re raiding and want to primarily use an auto, Suros is the way to go there for its health regeneration and its ability to just shred through trash.