While it’s possible to upgrade almost any weapon in Valhalla to Mythic, there are a few special ones that are already that level from the off. These rare pieces of gear are among the game’s most powerful items and typically require a bit of exploration to find. Here we’ll explain how to get the Odin Spear Gungir in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
How to Get the Odin Spear (Gungnir) in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
First things first, if you haven’t played through Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s story to more or less its conclusion then don’t even bother trying to get the Odin Spear. The weapon is found right at the very end of the game after players have returned with Sigurd to Norway.
There, Sigurd leads Eivor to a cavern at the very northweastern corner of the map called Goinnhellir. It’s where the temple of the ancients is, which serves as the location for the story’s big climax. You can see it pictured above.
To get the Odin Spear, instead of entering the doors of the temple with Sigurd, turn around and head in the opposite direction. You’ll see a stone structure embedded within the walls of the cavern that has a similar appearance to the temple’s doors.
Head over there and you’ll then see a small passageway leading to a new opening. As soon as you’re there you’ll see Odin’s Spear sticking out of the wall. You can simply head over and grab it.
As you can see, the Gungnir has three slots and two upgrade notches, so you can still improve and shape the weapon’s performance to your liking.
- PS5 & PS4 Dominate Ubisoft Sales; Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Generates Second-Highest Profit Ever for Ubi
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s New Update Is Now Live On Consoles & PC
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris Review – Subverting Expectations
- New Trailer Released for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris
- A Future Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update Could See Eivor Travel to Skye & Meet Kassandra