With the Oculus Quest 2 now out and available, a whole host of new players will be jumping into the world of portable virtual reality. When you initially set up your headset, you’re asked to create an Oculus account and enter a username that’ll be shown publicly in games. If you don’t like the one you’ve used, here’s everything you need to know about how to change Oculus Username.
While you set up the username with the headset on, you’ll need to go online without it to change what you’ve set. We’ll run you through exactly where you need to go down below.
How to Change Oculus Username for Oculus Quest & Rift
The first thing you need to know is that you can only change your Oculus Username once every six months. So, when you go to do so, make sure you’re choosing one you know you want to stick with.
Time needed: 1 minute.
Here are the steps you need to follow to change your Oculus Username
- Go to secure.oculus.com and log in to your account using your existing information.
- Click on My Profile on the left-hand side.
- Click Edit next to the Username option.
- Enter your new username and current Oculus password.
- Click Save, then click Confirm. Your username should then have changed and you’ll see it as active next time you log into your headset.
Below are the requirements for new ones, as listed on the Oculus website:
- Usernames must start with a letter or digit.
- Usernames may be between 2 and 20 characters in length.
- Usernames may include a combination of letters, digits, dashes and underscores, but may not include dashes or underscores consecutively.
- Usernames may not have spaces, slashes or full stops.
That’s everything you need to know about how to change Oculus Username. For more on all things VR, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
- Little Witch Academia: VR Broom Racing Gets Release Date for PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, & SteamVR
- Resident Evil 4 & Much More Showcased at the Oculus VR Gaming Showcase
- Best Oculus Quest Games to Play Right Now
- Beat Saber Multiplayer Mode Now Available on Steam and Oculus, Check Out the Trailer Here
- Facebook Accounts Will Be Required for All Oculus Quest 2 Users